Official Rules for GR PHOTO FESTIVAL
Last modified: October 21, 2022
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
These "Official Rules" ("Official Rules”), entry guideline, entry form and any other information or notices to the entrants shall form part of the terms and conditions of the GR PHOTO FESTIVAL (“Contest”).
In these Official Rules, the term "you" refer to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Contest.
- 1. Eligibility
- Open to all who may access to the Internet and who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants under 18 years of age require permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the Contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian. Provided that those who are members of anti-social forces or have relationships with anti-social forces (in these terms, "anti-social forces" refers to organized crime groups, members of organized crime groups, affiliates or affiliates of organized crime groups, or individuals or organizations otherwise involved in or involved in organized crime) are not eligible to apply.
- 2. Sponsor
- The Contest is sponsored by RICOH Imaging Company Ltd., 1-3-6, Nakamagome, Ohta-ku Tokyo, 143-8555, Japan ("Sponsor").
The Contest is not open to officers and employees of the Sponsor or its affiliates.
- 3. Agreement to Official Rules
- By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirement set forth herein.
- 4. Contest Period
- The Contest begins at 10:00 on Friday, October 21, 2022 and ends at 23:59 on Sunday, December 25, 2022 (JST). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the contest.
- 5. How to Enter
- You must post your original photo taken using RICOH GR series, not video. In order to enter the Contest, you must upload from dedicated page linked to the “Submit” button on this site
Your post will be referred as your Entry ("Entry"). Entries must be posted or reposted from the contest page (https://ricohimagingstore.com/grphotofestival_2022) during entry period. Please see the Submission Requirements as defined below ("Submission Requirements").
Entrants must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
Entries will not be acknowledged if you attempt to obtain Entry using different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or through other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Contest. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void. By entering on the Contest, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Submission Requirements and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion , may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Entry fails to conform to the Submission Requirements.
- 6. Important Note
- Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit an Entry via wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- 7. Submission Requirements
- BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PHOTO) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. SPONSOR WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION. THE PHOTO IF INCLUDED, SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
You can post three times, but please post one photo per one Entry. Multiple photos in an Entry will be disqualified.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that:
- any Entry he/she submits is original to him/her;
- any Entry he/she submits does not violate any law, statue, ordinance or regulation;
- entrant saves original data and would provide it upon Sponsors request;
- any Entry he/she submits will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interest of any third party; and
- any Entry he/she submits is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterization of any ethnic, racial sexual, religions or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other comment that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Entry(s). Any Entry that the Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules is subject to disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Entry in order to ensure that the Entry complies with these Official Rules, or of any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances - including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant).
- 8. Judging
- Winners will be decided after the Contest period ends, by the Judges described in this site. Contest results are scheduled to be announced on the contest page (www.ricoh-imaging.com/en/ grphotofestival/2022/) on or after late February 2023.
- 9. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries
- By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor and its affiliates, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry(and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason in our web-site, SNS and other media; (ii)waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry (and each component thereof) in favor of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, ad expenses arising from us of his/her Entry (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim gazed on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other caused of action whatsoever. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Entry (or any component thereof) if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances, including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry and/or the associated entrant.
- 10. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners
- Potential winners will be notified by direct message to email address described in the entry form and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, address(including country code) and telephone number. If the response is not returned within the specified time period, the notification is returned as undeliverable. Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner(s), or the potential winner(s) is not in compliance with these Official Rules, winning notification will be forfeited, and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate potential winner(s) may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received as soon as reasonably possible. Results will be published on the Sponsor's official website and RICOH Group social media channels.
- 11. General Conditions
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problems, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either; (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules: or (b)winning award at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil lay, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- 12. Release and Limitations of Liability
- By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, their parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest and wining award, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest (b) terminal errors related to computers’, servers, providers, or telephone, or networks lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury of damage to person or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from entrant's participation in the Contest and winning award. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and winning award, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damage whatsoever, including but not limited to, punitive, consequential, compensatory, direct, or indirect damages.
- 13. Privacy and Publicity
- Any information collected from the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given by the entrants at the time of entry, with these Official Rules, and with Sponsor's Privacy Notice for the Contest found at (https://www.ricoh-imaging.com/en/grphotofestival/2022/privacypolicy.html). Each entrant expressly agrees to the use of his/her personal information for such purpose. The following information will be collected from each entrant for the purpose of administering the Contest and may also be used by Sponsor and their affiliates to contact the potential winners: entrant name, age, address and email address. The Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose information collected in any manner with third parties, other than those parties necessary to fulfill the above purpose, unless entrant has given his prior express consent to receive additional information from the Sponsor or a third party. Entrants have a right to access to modification and withdrawal of their personal data. The Sponsor will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that entrants’ personal information is treated securely and in accordance with Sponsor's Privacy for the Contest and these Official Rules.
- 14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance having exclusive jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Japan, including its choice of laws provision.
- 15. Controlling Text
- The governing language of these Official Rules are English. Only the original English language version of these Official Rules have the effect of the rules, and any translation of these Official Rules have no contractual or any other effect.